NIS Deaths:FG Offers Automatic Employments For The Deceased Families

20140319-191733.jpg

My daughter was preparing for her wedding” Cries one of the victims mother.

Two of the five corpses that were brought in on Saturday to the Braithwait Memorial hospital from the venue of the screening exercise conducted by the Nigeria Immigration Service, NIS, at the Liberation stadium, Port Harcourt haver been identified by relatives.
Chief Medical Director, Rivers state Hospital Management Board, Dr Okere Iragonima who confirmed this to newsmen said relatives were yet to come for the other three corpses, adding that one of them may have come from another state for the exercise that Saturday.
Continuing, Dr Iragonima said a total of twenty four casualties were rushed to the hospital that Saturday and had been treated and discharged.
Meantime, mother of one of the deceased, Mrs Victoria Amah said her daughter, Grace was preparing for her wedding slated for April 9 this year.
According to the mother, her daughter, Grace had already shopped for the wedding before the sad incident. She said the daughter went to Aba to buy things for her wedding ceremony on the eve of the screening exercise.
While lamenting the death she said she would take solace in the almighty God. Continuing, Mrs Amah said she only became aware that her daughter had died when relatives called to inform her.
The Controller of Immigration in Rivers State, Steve Fimibama was at the BMH Wednesday and was briefed of the casualty figure and death toll. Mr Fimibama condoled with the families that lost dear ones during the exercise

Meanwhile

*3 job slots given to families of the deceased.
*the injured also to get automatic employments

President Goodluck Jonathan has directed that three employment slots be reserved for the families of those who died during the stampede that occurred during the recruitment exercise conducted by the Nigerian Immigration Service on Saturday nationwide.

Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Wednesday at the end of the Federal Executive Council meeting which was devoted to the incident.
He said one of the three beneficiaries must be a lady.

Jonathan also directed that all those who sustained injuries and are currently hospitalised be given automatic employment in the service.

While ordering that the ill-fated exercise be cancelled, the President set up a committee led by the Chairman of the Federal Civil Service Commission, to conduct a fresh exercise.

The committee has the Comptroller-General of NIS as well as representatives of the Inspector-General of Police and the heads of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Nigerian Prisons Service, State Security Service and the Federal Road Safety Commission as members.

20140319-192156.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s